- 1 box (15 oz.) Betty Crocker Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 1/2 bananas)
- 1/3 cup melted butter (this is 5 1/3 tablespoons if you use the handy lines on quartered butter)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 beaten Speckled Sussex pullet eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (2 teaspoons wouldn't be overpowering)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk (I added a 4th to get a creamier texture.)
Place paper baking cups in your cupcake pan, either 17 regular or several mini (and do multiple batches).
In a large bowl, stir cupcake ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
As the cupcakes cool, heat 1/3 cup butter over medium heat until it is lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Watch it closely, as butter can burn quickly.
Remove from heat and cool about 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough milk to make the batter smooth and spreadable. I added a 4th tablespoon of milk but wouldn't recommend starting with 4.
Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes.
These were good enough to receive a raised eyebrow and head-nod from my boyfriend's dad :)