Friday, October 14, 2011

friday night in

Shown here: cheesy Texas toast made with Udi's Gluten Free, homegrown corn cut off the cob, homegrown watermelon, steak by Scott, tater tots, and Kool Aid :)  A very good night in.  Usually Scott marinates the steak in a gluten free Worcestershire sauce (because like soy sauce, Worcestershire isn't gluten free usually). Then he grills it outside with his grilling buddy, Louise (a 20 year old tiger calico who is mean to those who she doesn't consider family), while I prepare the sides.  

Scott prefers Black Cherry (which is increasingly difficult to find), and I like Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade.  Kool Aid is gluten free and made by Kraft, which is wonderful about stating the names 'wheat, barley, rye and/or oats' when they're added either as an ingredient or as part of one.  For further information, check out their website.

That brings me to deep fried Kool Aid.  I saw it at various Cincinnati-area festivals this summer, but of course the intriguing blobs were covered in a glutenous flour batter.  Booooooooo!!  However, tonight I ran across the recipe on Gluten Is My Bitch.  I have got to try it.  I'll be sure to report back when I do.  Until then, all the best to you & yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment