Thursday, April 12, 2012

new pizza option in cincy

Starting this week, some LaRosa's locations now have a gluten free pizza option!  As of April 9, GF pizza is available at the following LaRosa's restaurants:
  • Anderson
  • Mason
  • Boudinot
  • Centerville
  • Beavercreek 
  • Kenwood
  • Alexandria
  • Kings Island
  • Oxford
It's available in Medium only (12").  Unlike most places with a gluten free pizza option, these are the normal prices for any of the other LaRosa's pizza crust choices & toppings.  That's awesome!  Plain cheese is 8.99, and each topping is an additional 1.50. 
(Note: If you have an egg allergy, this crust is not friendly for you.)

So...of course I ordered one the night I got the email from the Cincinnati Celiac Support Group!  My first delivered gluten free pizza!  (Thanks, Jenny!)
What's it like?  It's a thin crust, presented on its own silver platter.  It really seems the company understands cross contamination concerns.  The crust tasted like it is primarily rice flour, but it is less rice-y than some frozen options I've tried.  My boyfriend's mom liked it and compared it to "school pizza".  It passed the Scott test - he ate it cold the next day!

In Cincinnati and not a LaRosa's fan?  Check out BJ's Brewhouse, Uno's, and Donato's for their options.  Willing to make a drive?  I've heard great things about Sinfully Gluten Free in Centerville, and my personal favorite is Lloyd's Pizzeria in Waverly.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your review. Now if we could just get a Lloyd's in your area, you'd be all set for pizza options. Does La Rosa's offer other GF menu items?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No other items are marked gluten free, but I've had good luck with their salads (minus croutons and onions).

      Delete
  2. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! buy instagram views

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will really appreciate the writer's choice for choosing this excellent article appropriate to my matter.Here is deep description about the article matter which helped me more. mykfcexperience

    ReplyDelete