Wednesday, April 18, 2012

extra pep for a gluten free pizza

My excitement over a gluten-free pizza option that is delivered to my door is still palpable, more than a week after first trying it.  We'd gone yesterday, but the nearest location had sold out of the crust! 


I took photos of the signs before I learned they'd sold out.  It's even more popular than they planned, and it led to a discussion with our neighboring table about the gluten free diet.  Thank you, LaRosa's, for increasing options and awareness :)


Tonight, still craving pizza, we got our second one delivered.  Scott actually ate more of it than I did.  When I set a little piece down to grab some chips, he ate that, too!  It was such a relief not to have to worry about his pizza crumbs getting on me. 


The Cincinnati Celiac Support Group's email conversations over the last few weeks have shown just how fired up the gluten free community in the Queen City is to have a hometown favorite back on the menu.
Gluten free toppings (1.50 each)
  • Pepperoni
  • Sausage
  • Bacon
  • Ground beef
  • Capocolla ham
  • Spicy sausage
  • Roma tomatoes
  • Mushrooms
  • Black olives
  • Green olives
  • Pineapple
  • Red onions
  • Green peppers
  • Spinach 
  • Extra cheese
  • Extra sauce

With gluten free pizza boxes and a small pizza pan (used to prevent cross-contamination), it really seems to me that the company understands all that offering a gluten free option entails.

Larosa's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment