Thursday, December 26, 2013

old spaghetti factory

Hello, gluten-free friendees!

A few months ago, Scott surprised me with carry-out from Old Spaghetti Factory in Forest Park.  It was delicious!

They have a defined gluten-free menu available.  There's a 75-cent upcharge for gluten-free pasta.  In our world, that's not too bad.  I'm generally pleasantly caught off guard when the mark-up is under $2.

I had the baked chicken and a side salad.  The presence of croutons on the salad made me hesitant, but Scott had gone over & over my allergies with the pasta folks.  Fortunately, it was safe & yummy. 
Baked chicken may sound unremarkable, but no...  The chicken is marinated in lemon juice & garlic, seasoned with oregano, baked, and served with Mizithra Cheese & browned butter and marinara sauce over pasta.  Read: amazingness.
Not familiar with Mizithra cheese?  I wasn't either.  It's a Greek cheese that pairs incredibly well with my beloved browned butter.  It gets kind of melty in the dish, sprinkled on top.  I'm salivating just thinking of that combo.  Who needs the marinara, anyway?

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Happy eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment