Thursday, October 18, 2012

pumpkin cider

Before my diagnosis, I really enjoyed seasonal brews, so I was thrilled when I saw Woodchuck Hard Cider Private Reserve Pumpkin Cider.  (None of their varieties have ever contained gluten.)
But, as someone with multiple dietary restrictions (who learned the hard way from the Apple Cinnamon Chex), my first thought was, "This looks awesome, and it's gluten free, but there's got to be ginger."  I emailed Woodchuck's customer service and was elated to learn it is both gluten and ginger free :)

Despite the 6.9% alcohol by volume, it's not heavy.  (If you're a hard cider drinker, you know how folks tease, thinking it has a lower ABV than traditional beer and is a girly drink.  Wrong!)  According to the label, it pairs "perfectly with roasted duck, turkey, squash, ravioli as well as crème brûlée and cheesecake."  I bet,  and I really look forward to sharing it at Thanksgiving.  

Give your new option a try, and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jessi! I just happen to be serving roast duck on Thanksgiving Day! I still have one bottle of the pumpkin cider. Josh has been saving it for me. That's trust, I know. Good blog! Can hardly wait for you to post more!

    ReplyDelete