Friday, March 23, 2012

boston mmmarket

Tonight Scott took me to Boston Market for the first time.  He ate there last night while shadowing a police officer for his criminal justice class.  My mom had recommended it to me before my diagnosis, but with all the homestyle goodness, I was absolutely shocked when he told me they have gluten free options!  The best part: GRAVY!

Shown here:
  • 1/4 rotisserie chicken (you have the choice of 3 piece, 1/2, or 1/4 chicken)
  • Cinnamon apples
  • Garlic dill new potatoes
  • 1/2 ramekin of poultry gravy

Not shown:
  • 2 1/2 more ramekins of poultry gravy!
  • Sweet tea
It was delicious with a nice price tag :)

As you can see from the menu, entree options are rotisserie chicken and roasted turkey breast, and there are a number of side dishes.  Be sure to stress no bread.  Initially I was given cornbread anyway and had to send the plate back.  My server made sure the next plate was free & clear of bread.  It was a success.  Happy belly, happy Jessi. 

I clearly have a new go-to restaurant when I'm willing to lose my parking spot at lunchtime.  (There are two in the Greater Cincinnati area.)  After all, a gal can only take so many salads.

Happy eating!

Boston Market on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. The one by me seemed a little shaky and had an outdated gf menu. Once we read the ingredients on the gravy mix it was smooth sailing, but I definitely provided them more gluten free training than anything coming down from corporate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ,

    Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/32/360371/restaurant/Hyde-Park-Mount-Lookout/Boston-Market-Cincinnati

    I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

    - Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

    - Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/32/10585/Cincinnati/jessis-gluten-free-world.html

    - Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

    After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

    If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

    Thanks,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete