Tuesday, February 28, 2012

new snacking crave: mischievous marshmallows

Part of the excitement of a gluten free diet is finding fun, new flavors and textures.  When I first switched to this diet, my initial experiences made me fear that everything would be bland and grainy.  If only I'd known about Marshmallow Mischief then! 

With a satisfying crunch and sweetness that isn't cloying, these bite-sized treats made with gourmet marshmallow and organic brown rice are delightful.  The day before the extraction of my wisdom teeth, I received this lovely Mischievous Sampler.  To me, it was perfect timing.  I tried a few that very night.  This little package was a great enticement during those chipmunk-cheek days as I longed for food with a crunch.
 Enclosed in the lovely box:
Top row from left to right:
  • The Big Kapuna  Macadamia + White Chocolate
    This one was eaten in my car after a long day at work, one of those Murphy's law days.  It was a terrific pick-me-up, and I loved the macadamia nut on top.  I'm not usually into white chocolate, but this was delightful.
  • Tall, Dark & Crispy  Organic Dark Chocolate
    This is ideal for chocolate lovers.  Mom, I'm sorry I didn't save you one.  I ate both - the second while writing this post!
  • Plain Jane  Natural Vanilla
    With its simplicity, this one might be my favorite go-to flavor.  It was the first I tried, and I shared it with my boyfriend's mom, who agreed. 
Middle Row:
  • Peace, Love & Peanut Butter  Cinnamon + Puree Peanut
    This was very tasty, but it was more cinnamon and less peanut butter than I expected. 
  • A second Tall, Dark & Crispy (in lieu of Gingerlicious due to my ginger allergy, which I thought was quite thoughtful)
  • Italian Kiss  Hazelnut + Milk Chocolate
Bottom Row:
  • One, Two, Chai! Chai! Chai!  Masala Spice Tea
    I'm not generally a fan of chai, although I love the smell of it.  For those like me, think of this flavor as pumpkin spice.  (I sampled a bite but overall avoided this one due to my ginger issue.) 
  • Lava Aloha  Coconut + Milk Chocolate
    I knew it would be my favorite flavor.  In the midst of Girl Scout cookie season, this was a dream.  It's like the cookie I miss most: the Samoa (formerly called a Caramel DeLight).  Mmm.  As soon as I finished it, I wanted another. 
  • A second Plain Jane
I forgot to mention the very best part - they're all gluten free!!  I'm a fan of Rice Krispie treats, but these are waaaaaaay better.  They knocked it out of the park.

Interested in trying some?  Check out Marshmallow Mischief's website to order.  Want to know more about the company?  The site has the company's back story, or you can check them out on Facebook and Twitter.

Happy eating!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment